Saturday, December 5, 2009

making a list

We're in!!! The hubs and I officially now live in the Windy City and have an amazing, mostly unpacked apartment. With cable! And internet! (Though, don't even get me started, that was an ordeal and a half. Why is it that no cable company is even close to decent? I used to think cell phone companies were the worst, but no, cable are far, far worse. I think it's because they all have these regional monopolies so they know, as pissed off as you get, it's them or the dish. AND THE DISH DOESN'T WORK WHEN IT RAINS. Your options are (1) deal with them or (2) no TV when it rains. Ugh, they both suck.)

Anyway, everyone is asking for my Christmas list, and I'm polishing the real list up, but I'm trying to be reasonable in what I ask for. If money were no object, though, here are a few silly things I'd want Santa to put under my tree...

Round trip airfare to the destination of my choice. Better yet, TWO tickets, so the hubs could come too. There are a zillion places I'd like to see, and right now I actually have time to do it, but being as we're currently unemployed, we're a bit cash-strapped.

Front-row seats to one of Lady Gaga's Chicago shows. Nosebleeds may or may not be on my "real" list...


Frye Billy boots in Vintage Grey. Aren't they lovely? Wouldn't they go with EVERYTHING? And last forever, even in the yucky Chicago winters?


A real cashmere sweater. Because it seems like the kind of thing a real lady in a cold climate has. And man are they soft.


A really nice rug. Our new apartment has lovely hardwood floors, but I need a rug for my little tootsies. In our last apartment, we bought a cheapie and it was....cheap. It did not make the move with us.

So, back to my real list wherein I ask for things like shampoo and picture frames because that is what my life has come to. I am basically 97 years old.

1 comment:

  1. But, a classy 97 nonetheless. My list includes scented candles and bourbon if that makes you feel any better...

    ReplyDelete