Wednesday, July 1, 2009

d-day

Among those studying for the bar in the summertime, the first week of July (July 1 or July 4 or the July 4 weekend, depending on whom you ask) is The End. Before July 1, it's summertime. You go to class, maybe you study some, but mostly, you goof around. After July 1, the panic sets in. People start buckling down. According to BAR/BRI (though their trustworthiness is suspect at best), people spend the last two weeks before the bar studying 10-12 hours per day. Sigh.

Studying for the bar feels very much like running on a treadmill. I keep doing things, but I seem to be getting nowhere. I hate it (oh god, do I hate it), but I can't stop or I will hurt myself. Sometimes I slow down for a second, thinking I'll be able to catch my breath and instead, it means I just have to pick up the pace the next second to not fall off.

I should just keep reminding myself that somewhere upwards of 3/4 of people pass this thing, and surely I can be in the top 75%. Surely. What I need is a nap, a beer, and a steely resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment