Tuesday, October 27, 2009

my cup runneth over

The hubs and I returned to our hometown last night and I haven't gotten out of my sweatpants since. While I'm sad that one of the most fun periods of my life is over, I'm also glad to not be on the road for a bit. I am trying to organize my thoughts about the trip in a coherent way, but sometimes words just fail.

The biggest thing I got out of the trip is just how VAST everything is. It's a big country I live in, and there are lots of big things to see in it. I could post a photo of the mountains we saw or the canyons we hiked here, but it wouldn't do it. You'd look at the photo, and think it was lovely, sure, but it can't capture how staggeringly BIG everything is. It's hard to look at the Yosemite Valley or the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon or any one of the other amazing natural wonders we saw and not think about how tiny we are in the grand scheme of creation.

The second thing I must do is say a big fat THANK YOU to the dozens of people who encouraged us to take this trip back when it was still just a twinkle in our eyes and helped us make it a reality. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to our lovely friends and family who hosted us along the way: Nick & Phil, Ross & Jessica, Rebecca & Kevin, Matthew, Erica & Dane, Elizabeth Ann, Tyler, and Coty. Thanks also to Brad & Wi who helped us get cheap hotel rooms, and of course to my lovely in laws who watched our ridiculous mutt for all this time.

Again, I have no words to say exactly how grateful I am to have had this opportunity, to have the friends and family I do, to have the husband I do. I am an insanely lucky lady and believe me, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment