Thursday, November 19, 2009

Onward and Upward

First, I want to say thank you to those of you who reached out to me when you heard about my Granddaddy. It means a lot to have such caring friends, and my family and I really appreciate all your well-wishes. Chris, as per usual, has put my feelings in to words better than I ever could, so I'll just direct you to her post.

The hubs and I are moving December 1, and I can't wait to settle into a routine. To have all my clothes accessible to me. To wake up morning after morning and not have to drive somewhere. To cook! With my own pots and pans! To take my ridiculous dog for a walk in the brutal Chicago winter morning. To find a new gym, get a new library card, a new hairdresser. To clean a bathtub. To do all the boring, annoying, fun things that you have to do when you live somewhere.

As Amy said in a comment, this has been a year of really high highs and really low lows. It has been some of the best times of my life, and yet I can't tell you how ready I am for 2009 to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment